Big Sandy ADD is committed to providing the best possible working conditions for our employees. Part of this commitment is encouraging an open and frank atmosphere in which any problem, complaint, suggestion, or question receives a timely response from Big Sandy ADD team leaders and management.
Big Sandy ADD strives to ensure fair and honest treatment of all employees. We expect team leaders and employees to treat each other with mutual respect. We encourage employees to offer positive and constructive criticism to each other.
If you disagree with established rules of conduct, policies, or practices, you can express your concern through the problem resolution procedure. You will not be penalized, formally or informally, for voicing a complaint with Big Sandy ADD in a reasonable, business-like manner, or for using the problem resolution procedure.
If a situation occurs when you believe that a condition of employment or a decision affecting you is unjust or inequitable, you are encouraged to make use of the following steps. You may discontinue the procedure at any step.
PROBLEM RESOLUTION PROCEDURE
1. You present the problem to your team leader within 10 calendar days after the incident occurs. If your team leader is unavailable or you believe it would be inappropriate to contact that person, you may present the problem to the Executive Director or the Executive Assistant.
2. The team leader responds to the problem during discussion or within 10 calendar days after consulting with appropriate management, when necessary. The team leader documents the discussion.
3. You present the problem to the Executive Director within 10 calendar days if the problem is unresolved.
4. The Executive Director counsels and advises you, assists in putting the problem in writing, visits with your team leader, if necessary, and directs you to the Executive Committee for appeal of the problem.
5. You present the problem to the Executive Committee in writing, within 10 days.
6. The Executive Committee reviews and considers the problem. The Executive Committee informs you of the decision within 10 calendar days and forwards a copy of the written response to the Executive Director for your file. If you are not satisfied with the Executive Committee's action, you may appeal within 10 days to the full board. The full board will agendize the issue for the next regularly scheduled meeting. The action of the full board is final.
Not every problem can be resolved to everyone's total satisfaction, but only through understanding and discussion of mutual problems can employees and management develop confidence in each other. This confidence is important to the operation of an efficient and harmonious work environment, and helps to ensure everyone's job security.